BFP MANDATEMandates and Functions The Bureau of Fire Protection was created by virtue of RA 6975 primarily to perform the following functions:
- The Fire Bureau shall be responsible for the:
- Enforcement of the Fire Code of The Philippines of 2008 and other related laws.
- Shall have the power to investigate all causes of fires and, if necessary, file the proper complaints with the city or provincial prosecutor who has jurisdiction over the case.
- In the time of national emergency, all elements of the BFP shall upon direction of the President, assist the AFP in meeting the national emergency; and
- Shall establish at least one (1) fire station with adequate personnel, firefighting facilities and equipment in every provincial capital, city and municipality subject to standard rules and regulations as maybe promulgated by the Department. The local government unit shall, however, provide the necessary and or site of the station.